Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Feb 28 Uranium Stocks Update: Urasia Energy (CVE:UUU )

Preface: uranium oxide price increased another $0.25 to $38.50/lb

All four of my uranium picks gave presentations today at the 2006 Global Resources Conference.

Interesting Tidbits

Urasia (UUU.TO)
(1) Kazatomprom, the state-owned company cooperating with Urasia in their joint ventures, actually owns 4% of Urasia.
(2) UUU.TO has enough cash to fund its developing projects in South Inkai and Kharassan. UUU.TO will not need to raise any more money until 2008.
(3) Urasia is looking to acquire more uranium assets in Kazakhstan, areas already explored by Russia in the past but not developed.
(4) total tax take will be 42% for its uranium mining.
 

5 Comments:

Blogger pragmatic said...

Thanks for the update and the link. Will definitely have to listen to the presentations!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Spelunca said...

(1) kazakhstan tax system is rather complex. since urasia's margins are so good, they will incur the top tax bracket, kinda like a super tax. 42% is just a way of simplifying the complicated #s urasia has to go through to calculate taxes owed

(2) CCJ acquiring eh? you surprised? =P

9:06 PM  
Blogger pragmatic said...

I listened to the presentations for PDN, UUU, and SXR (didn't for IUC). I think all the speakers could have been more enthusiastic, but the one I seemed to like the most of SXR. I know you picked it behind IUC, but my own guts seems to tell me that I should like SXR over IUC.

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good comments. But, I do not agree with most of them. People sure have a lot of time on their hands.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home